On this episode, we talked to Ari Meisel – the founder of Less Doing.
Ari is the creator of the Optomize, Automate, Outsource (OAO) methodology – helping people gain back invaluable time in their personal and professional lives.
In this episode we cover:
- A mutual love of Krav Maga (an Israeli self-defense system)
- Ari’s first project as a 20-year-old in Upstate New York, creating a loft district and learning trades communally – landing him in $3m of debt by age 23
- How a diagnosis of Crohn’s disease led to self-tracking and experimentation, leading to the birth of Less Doing
- How Less Doing teaches people to optimize, automate and outsource everything in their lives in order to be more effective
- Why Ari isn’t a goal setter
- Ari’s Ted Talk pitch: make yourself as replaceable as possible
- How being a control freak is just another form of procrastination
- Getting to the heart of why somebody’s trying to get to a solution